Priority Home Warranty
Like many things in life, unexpected events always have a way of finding us and the costs can add up quickly. You didn’t see that pipe burst coming, did you? It’s time to rethink your finances. It all comes down to simple math. You now have a hefty mortgage payment each month AND your depleted savings to rebuild! This is the moment where you have to weigh your financial options in order to figure out the best way of tackling unforeseen events while also protecting your financial well-being.
Luckily, you bought a home protection plan that will cover a potentially costly situation, like that burst pipe, as well as many other issues both major and minor. A home warranty covers the costs of repairs or replacements due to situations that may affect both your home’s structure and the appliances inside .
After making one of the biggest financial investments of your life to make your dream come true, don’t you want to ensure it’s protected?
In most cases, a home warranty plan cost only a few hundred dollars. When bought while purchasing your home, this lump sum payment is usually claimed during the closing costs period of buying a home.
It is important to know that the person selling the property (whether the original owner or a real estate agent), a family member, or a friend —can legally acquire a home warranty on behalf of the buyer.
Should an insurance claim be filed for a faulty home appliance, for example, the owner may be responsible for paying any existing service fees or deductibles (normally less than $100). As with any form of insurance, fees may vary, so be sure to compare the many existing options and rates using our website before purchasing your home warranty plan.
The process of filing a Home Warranty claim is very straight forward. Begin by carefully reading your insurance contract to confirm that the item that requires replacing or repair is covered by your plan, then you can file your claim. This will save the insurance employees time and avoid any potential disappointment. Once you’ve verified that your situation is indeed covered, simply follow these steps:
1. Contact your home warranty insurance company and inform them of your intent to file a claim;
2. A verification process will be undertaken by the insurance company in order to make sure that your home warranty plan covers the item in question;
3. An appointment will be scheduled between you and the warranty company’s designated local contractor in order to assess your claim;
4. Once your claim has been assessed by the contractor, he will either recommend to repair or replace the item;
5. The warranty company will authorize the recommended repairs and /or replacements to be carried out;
6. The homeowner will be responsible for paying a service fee to the warranty company;
7. The process is then complete and the claim is closed.
With such a wide range of providers and a truly impressive variety of plan options for homeowners to choose from, it all comes down to which home warranty company is best tailored to your specific needs.
As always, the best way to decide is to do thorough research and extensively compare what each plan has to offer. For example, if you have older appliances, it may be wise to include home appliance insurance to protect yourself from the likelier event of failure.
Recommended Home Warranty Providers
people found the
perfect home warranty
plan with our help
$100 Instant Discount